Goodbye, scattered bohemian lifestyle...
... Hello, rat race!
After months of revising my life plan (from feverish job hunter to part-time waitress to scrappy freelancer) to suit my particular situation, I have settled on something of a trajectory. I have landed a full-time job. At a magazine. And, as a junior editor-type, I will be doing something other than opening envelopes. I will have a desk, and a computer, and my own phone. Possibly even business cards.
Wow.
I've wrestled with the pros and cons of the situation a bit (Con: no more starting my 'business day' at noon. Pro: being able to determine with some assurance where next month's rent will come from). In the end, though, I really do think this will be a good move for me.
I shall celebrate by quitting my crappy waitress job and buying new clothes.
After months of revising my life plan (from feverish job hunter to part-time waitress to scrappy freelancer) to suit my particular situation, I have settled on something of a trajectory. I have landed a full-time job. At a magazine. And, as a junior editor-type, I will be doing something other than opening envelopes. I will have a desk, and a computer, and my own phone. Possibly even business cards.
Wow.
I've wrestled with the pros and cons of the situation a bit (Con: no more starting my 'business day' at noon. Pro: being able to determine with some assurance where next month's rent will come from). In the end, though, I really do think this will be a good move for me.
I shall celebrate by quitting my crappy waitress job and buying new clothes.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home