I nicked me noggin.
Today's post may come across slightly more disjointed than usual. See, yesterday morning, a well-intentioned but unfortunately-executed game of "playfully toss the significant other into the pile of leaves" in High Park led to my head smucking the not-so-forgiving ground. As a result, I now have a sore neck and a baby-like soft spot on my head, leaving me a little tired and spacy today.
I write mainly to extol the awesomeness of fellow Grena-dette and building-mate Janine Stoll, who hosted a most magnificent CD release party for This is where we bury it, her latest, at the NOW Lounge last night. Despite feeling a bit under the weather, this talented chica put on a hell of a show, full of harmony and heartbreak, Afro-funk and anguish. Buy her CD, y'all. It's all sorts of wonderful. And if "Lay Your Hands on Me" doesn't make you want to get it on with whatever it is you fancy, I'll eat my hat. Which I'd rather not do, considering my head needs all the covering it can get these days.
I write mainly to extol the awesomeness of fellow Grena-dette and building-mate Janine Stoll, who hosted a most magnificent CD release party for This is where we bury it, her latest, at the NOW Lounge last night. Despite feeling a bit under the weather, this talented chica put on a hell of a show, full of harmony and heartbreak, Afro-funk and anguish. Buy her CD, y'all. It's all sorts of wonderful. And if "Lay Your Hands on Me" doesn't make you want to get it on with whatever it is you fancy, I'll eat my hat. Which I'd rather not do, considering my head needs all the covering it can get these days.

4 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
By
Freeman, at 6:23 AM
Whoa! Deb has a blog!
You can't see it but I'm doing a dance of joy.
By
Freeman, at 6:23 AM
Freeman!
I voice the collective dispair of my lovely housemates when I whine "When are you coming baaaaack?!?!"
In unrelated news, I bumped into Thom Fairley at the aforementioned CD release party, amid a series of mind-blowing and awe-inspiring coincidences. We shared a smile and a laugh at our expatriate former co-worker in Korea, and inside I longed for the days of Kiss in the Brew Pub kitchen once more.
By
D., at 8:38 AM
Sigh. Despair, not dispair. I shouldn't blog before 9:00 a.m.
By
D., at 8:39 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home