Richard Curtis doesn't film inspiring scenes of random people saying GOODBYE at airports
Astute readers will note a new link on my right-hand sidebar. Even more astute readers will deduce there's a big change in my life related to it.
As I type, my boyfriend is on a plane headed for Texas, where he will have just enough time to pump some cash into the economy (he is landing at the George Bush Airport, after all) before boarding for Argentina. He'll be there for something like six months.
I don't know how I feel yet. I was sad at the airport (naturally - departure lounges are roughly as depressing as arrival areas are heartwarming). I'm unhappy that I won't see him (or will see him only once) before the end of summer. I'm excited for him, as this trip is something he's been wanting for years, and will do him worlds of good. More than anything, though, I feel the same blend of anticipation and unease I used to feel before a big exam. In my head, logic is battling it out with emotion; 'six months isn't that long' vs. 'trans-continental relationships suck.' I think things will turn out fine--our relationship has become very strong over the past three years--but we're heading into uncharted waters here.
So, um--anyone in TO up for a beer?
As I type, my boyfriend is on a plane headed for Texas, where he will have just enough time to pump some cash into the economy (he is landing at the George Bush Airport, after all) before boarding for Argentina. He'll be there for something like six months.
I don't know how I feel yet. I was sad at the airport (naturally - departure lounges are roughly as depressing as arrival areas are heartwarming). I'm unhappy that I won't see him (or will see him only once) before the end of summer. I'm excited for him, as this trip is something he's been wanting for years, and will do him worlds of good. More than anything, though, I feel the same blend of anticipation and unease I used to feel before a big exam. In my head, logic is battling it out with emotion; 'six months isn't that long' vs. 'trans-continental relationships suck.' I think things will turn out fine--our relationship has become very strong over the past three years--but we're heading into uncharted waters here.
So, um--anyone in TO up for a beer?

2 Comments:
YES!!!! ME!!!!! On the 18th!!!!
Transcontinental relationships DO suck. But you survived Elliot Lake... You can do anything!
By
N, at 9:28 AM
You know I'm always good for a pint!.... - and I'm in TO regularly Wednesday evenings....we have to get together soon!
By
Linny, at 10:29 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home