The Grenadier Renegade

Monday, January 09, 2006

But what about Paige's lesbianism?

First, an administrative note: I'm aware that I still haven't finished my 100 reasons 2005 was a good year. I hope to someday finish it. But in the event that I don't, at least I have learned a valuable lesson: lists of 100 are far, far too long, particularly when they're self-indulgent. And there's nothing more self-indulgent than a collection of personal lists on a friggin' weblog.

So.

Back to our regularly scheduled blogging.

I write this watching the Fantastic Four debate our national fate. I must confess, the leaders LOOK better than they have in ages. For once, Paul Martin doesn't look like he's melting, and Gilles Duceppe is refreshingly un-orange. Jacky Jack is wearing too much lipliner for my liking, but he seems relaxed and calm. Stephen Harper still looks like a beached trout, but at least he's wearing a snappy tie.

I know the issues are important, I know I should care, and I do - but I have to admit, I'd forgotten about the debate, and when I turned on my television to see Guy Smiley from TVO moderating this thing, my first thought was not "Goody! A chance to get informed!" but rather "Damn. Does this mean there's no new Degrassi?"

Ah, it's good to be blogging again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home