The Grenadier Renegade

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Peter Cottontail wuz here

Hey, Happy Easter, to those of you who enjoy celebrating such things.

Just zoomed back into the city from my parents' place, powered by the chocolate I'd been denying myself for (most of) the previous 40 days. I love the masochism of Catholicism sometimes.

As always, my trip home was full of excess. Food, drink, sleep, drink, hot tub. Unfortunately, the weekend also included a most humiliating hockey game, wherein my beloved Senators suffered a degrading loss to the Leafs and my loud-mouth obnoxiousity came back to bite me in the ass. Fortunately, said loss was followed almost immediately by the news that despite the win, Toronto still has no chance of making the playoffs. We can now resume regular insufferability.

In other news, things have been a little wobbly on the emotional front lately, for several reasons, but I seem to be feeling better each day. I got a good dose of spirit-lifting on Thursday, when a few of us went for drinks down on Queen St. In both of our stops, we had the pleasure of receiving really great service - affable, quick and considerate (with free samosas, to boot!). It may seem inconsequential, but as someone who spent years pushing pints, having a good server/bartender means a lot to me. I'll forgive pretty much anything about a place - bad food, crappy atmosphere, etc. - if the staff is good. So Torontonians or Torontonians-to-be: check out Lot 16 and Not My Dog, and tip generously, because the folks at both places rock.

1 Comments:

  • I'm pullin' for a Flames-Sens showdown in the final. Mostly because I suspect it'll be politicized into a West-East/Separtist-Centralist Canadian debate.

    By Blogger Lawyerlike, at 5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home