The Grenadier Renegade

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Holy schlamoly!

Hmm, there haven't been many posts lately, I know. Things have been a little topsy-turvy around here. Aw, don't look at me that way. It's not you, it's me. I've been tied up with out-of-the-ordinary things and haven't had the time to maintain many of the relationships in my life. I feel badly about this trend, and hope to reverse it soon.

Amid the chaos, I've experienced several new things in the past week.

I attended the first Blue Jays game of the season at Rogers Centre with 50,000 of my closest friends. It was my first professional baseball game, and I enjoyed it a good deal. I watched the whole overstimulating shebang from our perch in the 500s, an $8 ticket in one hand and a $7 Moosehead in the other.

I did my part for prostate cancer, and finished my first Spring Run-Off race in a time I'm pretty happy with (just over 45 minutes for 8k), considering the bitch of a hill at the course's end.

I also watched a really cool capoeira demonstration last night. For those unfamiliar with it (as I was until a month or two ago), it's a Brazilian sport/dance/martial art. I'm not quite sure how to categorize it, but it's utterly captivating to watch and seems like an absolute blast to do.

Add to all that work, running, pints, cooking and visits from friends, and you've got one seriously overprogrammed girl. I'm looking quite forward to a few quiet days around here to get things back to normal.

2 Comments:

  • You know, Jack Bauer does all that and thwarts terrorists in one day - you don't see him complaining on his blog!!

    ;)

    By Blogger Lawyerlike, at 7:42 PM  

  • I'd freakin' love to see Jack Bauer's blog!

    Only he could find a way to incorporate the phrase "we're running out of time!" in the seemingly endless internet void -- and get away with it -- and sexily, to boot.

    By Blogger D., at 8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home