The Grenadier Renegade

Thursday, April 20, 2006

I swear, I'm not making this up:

I've finally got my bike in this city. It's great fun--I feel like a badass goddess on pedals as I zoom past the cars in the cute little bike lanes, and my helmet makes me look like a whole new level of dork, deliciously.

So, the other morning I rode into work, and met another employee, a stranger, whilst locking my bike up in the cages. We did the typical smug-cyclist exchange--you know, it's so much healthier and environmentally better to get around with, blah blah self-righteous-cakes. Then he busts into this big tirade about how he can't stand the smog and exhaust coming from cars as he rides behind it. He then takes it all up a notch, telling me he sold his car years ago, and he can't understand how people can be so lazy and inconsiderate about their environments.

And then, dear readers, as right as he hits the apex of his rant about the air he has to breathe in this city, he pulls out a cigarette and starts puffing away, mid-bitch.

I love the unintentionally ironic.

Other good things:

1. Ace Young, aka Douchey McLoveMe, finally got voted off American Idol. I take immense satisfaction in this, as if it represents something fundamentally good and just in the world.

2. It's the season for sandals again! And also skirts and strappy tops! And I've got a bit of a fat tax return to purchase pretty things with!

3. Speaking of which, said tax return may be taking at least one of the many trips I've been daydreaming about out of the realm of the impossible, which is all sorts of awesome.

4. NHL playoffs start tomorrow night, and if I don't find some Ottawa fans in this city to start drinking with soon, I might just burst. Anyone? Anyone!?

2 Comments:

  • I almost jumped off the couch to do a dance of sheer joy when Ace was voted off last night! I'm glad someone else shared in my pleasure at watching that.

    By Blogger Jodie, at 10:18 PM  

  • No one.

    Go Flaaaaaaaaaaames!

    By Blogger Lawyerlike, at 8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home