Ups and downs and downs and ups
You know, I try to keep things pretty light around these blog parts. You won't often read me waxing angstful about the deep achings of my soul, a) because I'm generally a pretty happy person and b) reading that kind of stuff is insufferable and dull, and why would I want to put you, my handful of readers, through that? I'd be remiss, however, if I didn't address the freakin' roller coaster that has been my life this past week or two. To sum up: * Little brother got engaged (good!)... * ...followed by a rash of "so, are you next?" messages (not good!) * My boyfriend celebrated a birthday (good!) * My boyfriend and I celebrated a year of dating (good!) (and, like, wow!) (and no, we're not "next") * And I got two kickass dinners out of the deal (very good!) * But shortly after, I got into my first ever fender-bender (not good!) * And my car is all banged up, and I had to file a bunch of reports, and my insurance will now skyrocket (not good, not good, VERY not good!) * But everyone was okay (good!) * IT guy at work told me my wounded little laptop was irreparable (not good!) * But then he fixed it anyway (good!) * I spent far too much of my own time working (not good!) * I got to ski trails in Georgian Bay (good!) * But the snow was sticky and crappy (not good!) ...you get the picture. Latent Seasonal Affective Disorder (I've started mainlining Vitamin D) probably doesn't help, but you can understand why I've been a little emotional of late. This weekend: Haliburton, for two blissful days of skiing and indulgence. Methinks it'll be the perfect antidote.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home