Pretty pretty pretty
Oh, people of Toronto, you're putting me into quite a state.
It's my first summer in the city, and I've been blown over by the aesthetic pleasures I've been privy to during my various comings and goings. There are good-looking people in this city! A lot of them! And they're so so pleasing to the eye!
As a rule, humanity just looks better in the summer. This isn't really surprising: we generally get brighter, tanner, fitter and (it bears mentioning) more exposed to the world when the weather warms up. But it seems particularly acute here in the densely-populated city. It's not just sartorial, either. I've noticed we tend to walk differently, navigating the streets with the blissed-out saunter of those who have survived too many months of slushy sidewalks. And we're projecting so many attractive things to look at while doing so: Smiles. And bare shoulders. And sandals. And freckles. And linen. And sunglasses, which are possibly the greatest and most universally flattering accessory in the history of time.
I think the city should consider changing its bazillion-dollar Toronto: Unlimited campaign to Toronto: Pretty Pretty City.
It's my first summer in the city, and I've been blown over by the aesthetic pleasures I've been privy to during my various comings and goings. There are good-looking people in this city! A lot of them! And they're so so pleasing to the eye!
As a rule, humanity just looks better in the summer. This isn't really surprising: we generally get brighter, tanner, fitter and (it bears mentioning) more exposed to the world when the weather warms up. But it seems particularly acute here in the densely-populated city. It's not just sartorial, either. I've noticed we tend to walk differently, navigating the streets with the blissed-out saunter of those who have survived too many months of slushy sidewalks. And we're projecting so many attractive things to look at while doing so: Smiles. And bare shoulders. And sandals. And freckles. And linen. And sunglasses, which are possibly the greatest and most universally flattering accessory in the history of time.
I think the city should consider changing its bazillion-dollar Toronto: Unlimited campaign to Toronto: Pretty Pretty City.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home