The Grenadier Renegade

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Olive Garden and Home Depot, anyone? Bed, Bath & Beyond?

A few observations gleaned from the past week or so:

1. Boys + football = no fun. Not to play into gender stereotypes, but criminy. The multi-sport league to which I belong played flag football last night, and every single guy on the field—normally laid-back and rational, to a man—turned into crazy-competitive testosterone-fuelled psycho-creatures. In a rec league. In a game that didn’t matter. Ugh.
2. I’m starting to think I might actually be able to complete the half-marathon I’ve been toying with for years, and it’s kind of exciting.
3. Sangria is best consumed out of a tureen on a picnic table.
4. Margaritas are best consumed straight from the blender.
5. I really need to take a few days off the alcohol.
6. Everything tastes better on the barbeque. At first I thought I was just taken with the novelty of our new grill, but no, no, this is definitely a truism for the ages.
7. If you’ve invested enough time in it, the most minor development in a backyard garden can be giggle-inducingly satisfying.
8. Judging from the last two posts, I think I’ve officially become a big ol’ suburban dad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home