The Grenadier Renegade

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Things I've done in the past two days that it's too damned hot to do:

1. Ran (poorly)
2. Ran, again (even more poorly)
3. Biked to my doctor's appointment ("Hello, patient sweatyback!")
4. Cooked food that involved extensive boiling
5. Cooked food that involved extensive grilling
6. Walked a dog (I swear, he gave me "are you f*ing KIDDING me?!?" look)
7. Ironed a whole closet's worth of work clothing (granted, it was necessary)
8. Cleaned my kitchen (also necessary)
9. Lugged groceries home
10. Slept in a room with a temperature of about 65 degrees

Now, I love the heat normally, so this little snit of bitchery feels a bit out of character. But when you're unable to finish your beer--because the ROOM TEMPERATURE of your living space has warmed it to unpalatable levels--well, that's just a bit excessive, even by my standards.

My immediate plans involve nothing more daunting than sitting in my skivvies eating watermelon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home